SXSH is a day-long international social health un-conference encompassing all aspects of healthcare.
The event will have structured, previously announced presentations in the style of a TED conference, as well as an "un-conference" portion -- similar to PodCamp or HealthCamp -- where topics are decided by the participants.
Date: March 11th, 2010
Venue: Texas Hospital Association (Austin, TX)
Cost: $25 (General Admission) / $50 (Friend of SXSH)
Website: http://www.sxsh.org | Twitter: @SXSH | Hashtag: #SXSH
- Breakdown vertical silos within the HCSM (healthcare and social media) space — allowing patients, providers, health professionals, and pharma/biotech industry attendees to interact together in one place
- Allow relationships fostered on tweetchats (e.g. #HCSM) and other online communities to meet in real life (like a giant Tweetup!)
- Expose HCSM folks to the Social Media culture (and not just the tech) nearby at the largest international gathering of social media folks.
- ePatient / Practicing Social & Participatory Medicine
- Practicing Social Healthcare: Provider/Payor/Agency/Legal
- Social Pharma (Social Media in Pharma and Biotech industry)