Friday, April 14, 2006

New Podcast Technology Helps Create First Arthritis Radio Program

New Podcast Technology Helps Create First Arthritis Radio Program

Thanks to a number of pioneers before me, the world of “podcasting” now basically enables people to create their own radio-like programs out of their own homes or offices. When I became aware of this technology, I was quite elated because I realized that it would give me another really wonderful platform for patient education. We call our program “Arthritis Central News and Views” and you can find it right next to the Arthritis Blog on the home page. You simply click on the link button and then wait for five to ten seconds or less for the program to open up and download onto your computer. It will then start playing on its own in your default media player such as iTunes, Windows Media Player, Winamp, etc.

I am planning on doing a number of things on the AC News and Views program. First off, I will bring you up-to-date on some of the latest arthritis-related news stories. Secondly, I plan on interviewing patients about their experiences in coping with their rheumatic diseases. I also will see how they are utilizing the various exercise and other coping DVDs available at ArthritisMall.com. Have these made a difference in the way they feel? Also, which of the twelve steps in the Take Back Control of Your Arthritis: The 12 Critical Steps book has helped them the most. Are they following the roadmap that I provide for them and has this changed their lives in any significant way? We will touch on some issues that the book raises during these interviews and discussions.

Finally, I hope to interview rheumatologists and other experts from around the country and get their points of view regarding the latest information in the diagnosis and treatment of the rheumatic diseases. I will ask about exciting new research and advances that we should expect to see in the coming months and years. New scientific discoveries and innovative therapies offer hope to the arthritis sufferer. I plan on making this show inspirational in any way that I can. If I can empower you with the knowledge that you need to “take back control” and get you not to despair and lose hope, then the Arthritis Central News and Views Podcast will be considered an enormous success to me.

Visit the Podcast Page to start listening: http://arthritiscentral.com/podcast

Joel Rutstein M.D.

buzz this

0 comments: